To help your pets adjust and to be protected from the change of weather I thought listing tips to help out pets adjust to the cooler temperatures may help.
1. Winter Check up: a Veterinarian wellness exam for our older pets to make sure they are healthy and ready for another winter. Arthritis and age plays a key part in keeping our pets healthy.
2. Know their Limits: Just like people it depends on their age, health condition. When the temperature drops below 45 degrees Fahrenheit our pets feel the cold like we do. It does not mater if it a Dog, Cat or horse, if they are up in age and arthritic they need assistance to keep warm and pain free.
3. Offer several Choices: At night on where they can sleep more comfortable for their needs depending on the temperatures. A warm draft free dog house, a dog door to an indoor room to escape, a lean to shelter for a horse to get out of the rain and wind.
4. Prevent poisoning: Don't leave antifreeze out and about as it is poisonous. Salt for melting ice on sidewalks is bad for our pets, ingested and on their feet. Wipe down feet or wash each foot to clean.
5. Indoors: Remember your furbabies are susceptible to sudden drop in cold temperatures just like us humans. If at all possible, bring your furbabies indoors (except a horse ;) )